Friday, December 15, 2017

Jesse Livermore Quotes

Jesse Livermore, also known as the Boy Plunger, is famous as being one of the most successful traders and speculators. He netter a profit of 100 million in the 1929 stock market crash. His discoveries about the market are still regarded as one of the best. 

Here are some of his best lines on trading, speculation and investing:

1. “After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!”

2. “Experience has proved to me that real money made in speculating has been in commitments in a stock or commodity showing a profit right from the start.”

3. “It is literally true that millions come easier to a trader after he knows how to trade, than hundreds did in the days of his ignorance.”

4. “The market does not beat them. They beat themselves, because though they have brains they cannot sit tight.”

5. “I never hesitate to tell a man that I am bullish or bearish. But I do not tell people to buy or sell any particular stock. In a bear market all stocks go down and in a bull market they go up.”


7 comments: